Disposal Repair Tips
If the unit jams/hums…
- Turn the unit off. After turning the unit off, remove anything that has fallen into the grinding chamber.
- Turn the unit off. After turning the unit off, insert an “unjamming” tool into the bottom and turn clockwise. Once the tool turns freely, remove whatever was causing the jam.
- If the unit is dead, press the red reset button located on the bottom of the disposal – if the unit begins to hum and the reset trips again, it is still jammed. Repeat step #2 and #3.
- Tech Tip – Always run water in the sink when you operate the unit.
Garbage Disposal Tips
- Use your garbage disposal often to eliminate waste buildup under your sink.
- Daily electricity usage of a garbage disposal unit is small, about that of running an electric iron, but for a much shorter amount of time.
- Daily water use varies, but is usually comparable to flushing a toilet once or twice/day.
- Cold water should always be kept running while the garbage disposal is in use.
- Garbage disposal units used in conjunction with a septic system will add to the total load of the system and may cause more frequent septic dumping.
- Be careful what you feed into your garbage disposal unit. Hard matter such as chicken bones can wedge themselves in preventing normal use of the unit.